Written by Kathleen Gips, owner of the Village Herb Shop, this book explores the history of the Language of Flowers and the Victorians'
use of floral meanings to communicate their sentiments. Its contents include:
- A history of how people in the Victorian era sent messages to each other using the Language of Flowers. Each flower and herb had a meaning in this language, and posies and bouquets were used as messages of love and other sentiments. This language has passed to us through the ages and is brought to life again in this lovely book
- A comprehensive Language of Flowers dictionary of the meanings of over 700 herbs and flowers
- A reverse look-up that takes you from the meanings and sentiments to the flowers and herbs that represent them
- Many fine color illustrations drawn from beautiful color plates of antique hbals
This is the book for:
- Those who want to send a message of love, an appropriate Valentine message, a message of remembrance or sympathy,
- Those who have an interest in flowers and herbs, floral meanings, and the history of the language of flowers and herbs,
- Florists, floral designers, landscapers, or gardeners who want an authoritative floral dictionary for their businesses,
- Anyone - lay or professional - who designs theme gardens, floral arrangements, wreaths, or any kind of herbal or floral gifts, and
- Anyone who would just like a beautiful book with an interesting and unusual subject for a gift or their own personal reading pleasure.
For more details about this book, click here, or go to the Flora's Dictionary tab at the top of this page.
Paperback, 188 pages
Wholesale inquiries - call us at the Herb Shop
Free Shipping on this Product